Storm Buddy Groups
HAMPTON OAKS HURRICANES STORM BUDDY PROGRAM
Welcome to the Hampton Oaks Swim Team! Spirit and community bonding is a crucial part of a successful team. One of the most contributory programs is being a swim buddy! In this program, older swimmers are matched up with younger swimmers as “Storm Buddies” to socialize with each other at the pool, help younger buddies prepare for their events and cheer each other on at swim meets.
I WANT TO BE A STORM BUDDY - HOW DO I SIGN UP?
All swimmers interested in being a “Storm Buddy” and participating in the HOST Swim Buddy Program will need to complete the Storm Buddy Info Sheet and return it to a HOST Board Member no later than June 2nd. Swimmers are then matched up to be “buddies” for the season. Buddy assignments will be posted at the pool at our Kick-Off Pool Party just in time to have fun at their first event.
WHAT DO I DO FOR MY BUDDY?
Once you find out who your buddy is, introduce yourself. Check your folder for your buddy’s info sheet.
Get ready to be a GREAT Storm Buddy and HAVE FUN! Here are some ideas:
- Meet your buddies at the Kick-Off Pool Party, take a group photo and decorate a scrapbook page for the buddy binder.
- Make a poster with an encouraging message for your buddies.
- Spirited support – Cheer for them from the side of the pool during their race.
- Decorate your buddies at away meets to show team spirit.
- A simple congratulation statement such as “Good job!”, “Nice swim!” or “Way to go!” are great ways to be a buddy!
GET CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN! EVERYONE LOVES
ENCOURAGEMENT BY THEIR FRIENDS AND TEAMMATES!