HOST Team Rules
All Hampton Oaks Swim Team Members (resident and non-resident swimmers, parents, family members, and coaches) are expected to abide by the Hampton Oaks Swim Team Code of Conduct, RSL (Rappahannock Swim League) and Hampton Oaks Pool rules (posted) at all times. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action. Approval of registration is contingent upon your acceptance of these rules and agreement that you have access to and have reviewed these rules.
RSL Rules can be found on their website: RSL Rules
Hampton Oaks Pool Rules are posted at the pool.
HOST Team Rules
SWIMMERS MUST BEHAVE PROPERLY
- All swimmers are expected to follow posted Hampton Oaks Pool Rules at all times.
- All swimmers are expected to follow all RSL (Rappahannock Swim League) Rules at all times.
- No wrestling, horseplay, pushing, running!
- Cheering is heavily encouraged AT MEETS!
PLEASE PICK UP ALL TRASH AND PLACE IN PROPER CONTAINER
- No gum! No glass containers! No Slime!!!
- Keep restrooms clean during practice times and meets!
SWIMMERS MUST LEAVE THE POOL IMMEDIATELY AFTER PRACTICE
- Parents are not required to attend practices (unless your child is 8 years or younger, in which case a responsible adult aged 16 or older must be present). Please do not allow your swimmers to loiter after their practice, coaches need to begin working with the next group of swimmers.
SWIMMERS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA BEFORE PRACTICE OR WITHOUT A COACH PRESENT. WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE BABY POOL DURING PRACTICE HOURS.
SWIMMERS MUST INFORM A COACH BEFORE LEAVING THE POOL AREA
- This includes going to the restroom for safety reasons!
- At meets this is critical--missed events hurt the team!
NOTIFY HEAD COACH IF SWIMMERS UNABLE TO ATTEND A MEET
- CONTACT HEAD COACH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE in cases of sudden illness or emergency. For each meet, please declare your swimmer on SwimTopia so that meets are seeded properly and all available swimmers get a chance to swim.
OBEY MEET OFFICIALS
AT MEETS AND OTHER EVENTS, PARENTS ARE EXPECTED TO SUPERVISE THEIR CHILDREN OR HAVE ANOTHER PARENT WHO WILL DO SO TO ENSURE THEIR SAFETY
PARENTS MUST PROVIDE AN EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBER
PARENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ASSIST WITH THE CONDUCT OF ALL MEETS
- Volunteers are THE KEY to successful meets!
IF A SWIMMER CHOOSES TO WEAR A SWIM CAP IT MUST BE A HOST TEAM CAP DURING ALL MEETS
- A swimmer can be disqualified for advertising another team on a cap and/or swim suit. Generic caps/suits are permitted but they CANNOT have another team on them.
RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF OTHERS
- It’s recommended you label all goggles, team shirts and other common items. All items left at practices and meets will be turned into the Hampton Oaks Pool lost & found.
PARENTS: DO NOT INTERRUPT THE COACHES DURING PRACTICE FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN A TRUE EMERGENCY. INTERRUPTIONS WITH SWIMMERS IN OR NEAR THE WATER MAY DISTRACT THE COACHES AND COMPROMISE SAFETY. PARENTS ARE EXPECTED TO STAY ON THE UPPER DECK AND OFF THE POOL DECK DURING PRACTICE.